An Open Letter to Our Patients, Families and Referrers
Infection control has always been a top priority for us and you’ve seen this during your visits to the office over the years. Our infection control processes and systems are in place to make your appointments safe and comfortable. While many here in the U.S. and abroad have let their guard down in recent months, we have not. We remain as vigilant as ever. Before I talk a bit about our continued safety guidelines, I want to first make this opportunity to thank you all for your continued trust and confidence. We will always, no matter what craziness comes along, put your health and needs above all else. I wish to also thank all of our patients and families for their trust and understanding in waiting outside while we safely treat your loved ones inside. I realize that it’s an inconvenience and it allows us to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread as well as standard colds and flus that are all too common this time of year.
So again, thank you, thank you, and thank you more.
Now, a few words about infection control and COVID-19 Safety Measures. We continue to strictly adhere to the ADA & CDC guidelines, and in many areas, go above and beyond. Our office follows the infection control recommendations of the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OHSA). We follow these and other agencies so that we remain up-to-date. We’ll continue to help protect our patients and staff.
- We’ll communicate with you before your appointment and ask you some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you visit the office.
- We’ll take your temperature and ask you to use our hand sanitizer when you visit.
- You may see that our reception areas will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth. These items are extremely difficult to adequately clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will allow for safe distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for appointment scheduling.
- We’ll do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times and to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
We look forward to continuing to create GREAT SMILES for you and your family & friends.
Contact us at any time by calling 610-594-4700, 717-442-5054, or visit us at https://www.virgultiorthodontics.comThank you, thank you, and thank you again.
Dr. Virgulti & Staff
Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html